Maha Shivratri is one of most celebrated Hindu Festivals in Varanasi. On this day Lord Shiva is worshipped by devotees in various temples and at their homes. Maha Shivratri in Varanasi is a much awaited festival as it is abode of Shiva according to Hindu Mythology and more religiously important than any other place of Hindu Pilgrimage. Comes Shivratri and devotees begin to throng in Varanasi City to take a glimpse of their most adored deity Lord Shiva in various temples of Varanasi. River Ganges seems filled with devotees as all enter into its water to take a holy dip.
Maha Shivratri Date, Friday 21st of February, 2020
- 22nd Feb, Shivaratri Parana Time - 07:08 AM to 03:46 PM
- Feb 22 Ratri First Prahar Puja Time - 06:39 PM to 09:46 PM
- Feb 22 Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time - 09:46 PM to 12:53 AM,
- Feb 22 Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time - 12:53 AM to 04:00 AM,
- Feb 22 Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time - 04:00 AM to 07:08 AM,
- Feb 21 Chaturdashi Tithi Begins - 05:20 PM
- Feb 22 Chaturdashi Tithi Ends - 07:02 PM
Time for Maha Shivratri in Varanasi in 2020 : The Maha Shivratri in Varanasi generally falls in the 13th or 14th day of the Hindu month of Phalgun (February – March). In 2020 Maha Shivratri is going to be celebrated on 21st of February, 2020.
Services provided by Holy Voyages for Maha Shivratri in Varanasi in 2020 :