|Know More Before visiting Tirthraaj Prayag Allahabad
||125 KM from Varanasi , 250 KM from Lucknow
| How to Reach
||Nearest Airport from Allahabad is Varanasi. Allahabad Junction is main Railway Station.
| Best time to visit
| Things to do
||Bath in Triveni Sangam , Temple Tour , visit Anand Bhavan
| Tourist Attractions
|| Triveni Sangam , Temples of Allahabad , Anand Bhavan , Akbar Fort , Churches
| Nearby Tourist Places
|| Varanasi , Lucknow , Kaushambi , Mirzapur/Vindhyachal , Jaunpur , Bodhgaya & Gaya
| Fairs & Festivals
|| Mahakumbh Mela , Purna Kumbh Mela , Ardh Kumbh Mela , Kumbh Mela , Magh Mela
| Weather & Climate
||Severe winters in Dec-Jan, Loo Local Hot wind from April-June
||Take snaps of various cultural activities, tourist places, rituals etc.
|What to Wear
|| Wear full cotton or woolen clothes according to weather
Best Time to Visit Allahabad:
- The best time to visit Allahabad is between Octobers to March.
- Another time to visit the city is during winter to witness the Kumbh Mela .
- Mostly, pilgrims visit during the Magh Mela that starts every year during January and lasts until mid February and is the most auspicious festival in the region.
- Devotees who need to perform Death Rituals in Allahabad visit Allahabad in the month of Shraddha (Mostly in September).
- Nearest Airport from Allahabad is Varanasi International Airport which mainly caters to international as well as domestic tourists.
- Allahabad Railway Station is the headquarters of North-Central Railway.
- You can also hire private vans, or take buses from various surrounding cities like Varanasi , Lucknow , Agra and Kaushambi to reach Allahabad.
Things to Do in Allahabad
One of the must do things in Allahabad is to visit Triveni Sangam. You can also pay obeisance in Holy Temples of Allahabad like Hanuman Temple of Jhunsi which has giant statue of Lord Hanuman, explore Allahabad Fort , attend at mass in churches like All Saints Cathedral in Civil Lines and shop at Markets of Allahabad.
Allahabad has got the epithet of Kumbh City from the famous Kumbh Mela . You can find here more about how many Type of Kumbh Mela take place in Allahabad, Ardh Kumbh 2019 in Allahabad and How to reach Allahabad Kumbh Mela .
At the time of Shraddha (Pitripaksha) devotees visit Allahabad to perform Shraddha (Post Death Rituals).
Allahabad is famous for many tourist attractions. Being an ancient city; Allahabad has seen different stages of settlement. You can explore here ancient temples to modern churches and markets.
Some of the famous tourist places of Allahabad is Triveni Sangam , Holy Temples like Hanuman Temple , Allahabad Fort , Churches like All Saints Cathedral in Civil Lines and Markets like Chowk, Civil Lines and Katra.
Allahabad is situated amid many famous tourist places. You can find here a list of tourist cities nearby Allahabad.