We do below things to make women traveler hassle free journey.
- Registered women tourist guide who can speak in English and other foreign languages.
- Experienced chauffer with clean background
- To keep safety of travelers, so that they could not be cheated. Provides proper information/guidelines about tour and destinations.
There were times when women traveling alone were frowned upon or found unsafe to do so however with changing times ladies travel a lot and in fact now there are tours specially designed for Solo Women travelers in India.
www.holyvoyages.com women’s tours provide special opportunities and are lead by women representatives and leaders. Choose your tour from a challenging tour to a gentler travel into the heart and soul of India.
Even after the modern influence of western countries, India still remains a conservative country. Some western habits are perceived as inappropriate and degrading if practiced by women here. Here are some Travel Tips for women in India:
- Don’t wear revealing clothes while in India. They do not appeal to Indian sensibilities. You will attract unwanted attraction and advances if you are wearing skimpy outfits.
- Smoking by a woman is not acceptable anywhere in India, except for the metro cities. A woman who smokes/drinks is thought to be having a loose moral character, especially amongst the middle class.
- Discos, dance clubs, pubs, 5-star hotels are areas with a modern touch. You can easily head there for some entertainment or for drinks. However, having a male companion or at least another female with you is quite a good idea.
- In local trains, some cars reserved only for women. It is advised for you to travel in those.
- A way to get more respect from Indians is to wear traditional Indian clothes, such as salwaar kameez or sari.
- Do not venture in isolated places alone. It is also advised not to go outside alone after it is very late and dark.